If Something Goes Wrong

If something goes wrong for you when you visit a health care provider, where do you turn? How do you make sure the same thing doesn’t happen to someone else? These resources can help.

Reporting to the Department of Health

Washington State Department of Health, 2014

If you believe the actions of a Washington health care provider were inappropriate or may have caused mental or physical harm to you or someone else, you should consider filing a complaint.

Medically Induced Trauma Support Services

This non-profit organization was founded in 2002 is “To Support Healing and Restore Hope” to patients, families, and clinicians who have been affected by an adverse medical event.